Samsung Galaxy S2 users on T-Mobile USA should be happy to learn that, they don’t have to wait for Jelly Bean update anymore. The update started rolling out today, as I have resurected my T989 SII to juice it up with some Jelly Bean sweetness. The update weighs 756MB and is currently available through Samsung’s Kies software utility, bringing the phone up to Android 4.1.2. Make Sure your charge up your phone before you start the update process, the 1million Dollar question now is “Can I update my Rooted SII?” I’m trying to update my rooted SII to see if it would work just for the fun of it and I’ll keep you guys update if I encountered any issue.
Beginning April 8, the Samsung Galaxy S II will have an optional software update to Android version 4.1.2/ Software T989UVMC6 via Samsung Kies only. This update changes the OS to Jelly Bean.
Android version 4.1.2/ Baseband version T989UVMC6 – Current Jelly Bean update version
- Android version 4.1.2/ Baseband version T989UVMC6
- Kies only update (~756MB MB)
- Approved 4/8/13
- New Features
- Android 4.1.2 OS (Jelly Bean)
- Any previously pushed T-Mobile software version
- Latest version of Kies software downloaded on PC or MAC
- At least 50% battery life