Acer really isn’t known for creating mobile devices but they have recently announced their “Liquid Jade S”, the company’s latest smartphone in the Liquid series. It has a 5-inch HD display, is powered by a 1.5GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6752M 64-bit processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera that also has an LED flash for capturing better selfies.
It has 2GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage with expansion slot. It has dual SIM support and the secondary SIM slot doubles up as a microSD slot when the SIM is not in use. It also has DTS audio for enhanced audio output.
Acer Liquid Jade S specifications
- 5-inch (1280 × 720 pixels) IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.5 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6752M processor with 16-core Mali-T760 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Dual SIM
- 13MP autofocus camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Dimensions: 143 x 69 x 7.78mm; Weight: 116g
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 2,300mAh non-removable battery
The Acer Liquid Jade S comes in Deep Red, Crescent White, Cosmic Black and Ice Pink colors and is priced at NT$ 6,990 (Rs. 13,900 / US$ 225 approx.). No details about the global roll out yet, but it is listed on the official Acer India website, so it is likely to launch here soon.